Great Online Deals!

7/6/11

Sam Concepcion is ecstatic about his front act for Taylor Swift's Asian tour - Philippine Entertainment Portal

Sam Concepcion is ecstatic about his front act for Taylor Swift

 "I think one shouldn't be here in this business for the race. I'm not in a rush for anything and I'm just living one day at a time and learning from each experience. I'm really blessed and I'm really thankful for what happened," says Sam Concepcion (above) on his good fortune. He was personally handpicked by American country singer Taylor Swift (inset) to open her concert in Manila and to do the front act for her whole Asian tour.

Noel B. Orsal

Sam Concepcion is ecstatic about his front act for Taylor Swift's Asian tour

Nica Tomines

Sunday, May 1, 2011
09:53 PM

"Yes, I'm a fan. She's the most likeable person, ever!" Sam Concepcion exclaimed when asked if he's a fan of American country singer Taylor Swift.

The multi-talented Sam was personally handpicked by Taylor Swift to open her much-awaited Taylor Swift Live in Manila concert on February 19 at the Araneta Coliseum.

PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) talked to Sam this morning, February 4, during the meet-and-greet with Jollibee's Yumbassadors at Bistro Filipino at The Fort, Taguig City.

Aside from Sam, other Yumbassadors include Bam Aquino, Niño Alcantara, Miro Frances Capili, Reese Fernandez, and Carmela Lao. 

FRONT ACT. According to Sam, he wasn't really expecting the front-act stint.

"I was told that Taylor Swift was looking for a front act for her concert. I tried out. But I didn't hear anything from them for so long. So, I'm like 'It's okay.' Then... I was thrilled when Renen [De Guia, concert producer] called up my manager [Carlo Orosa] who called me and said, 'You got it! But there's more...'"

Sam paused for effect, "[He told me], 'You will do the front act for her whole Asian tour.' I was floored!"

How is he preparing for the upcoming, much-awaited concert?

"I'm still in the process of picking out songs... rehearsing some songs," he said.

Could this be the break he has been waiting for on the international music scene?

"I hope so," Sam said, smiling.

However, he stressed that the stint itself is already a big blessing for him.

"I think one shouldn't be in this business for the race.

"I'm not in a rush for anything and I'm just living one day at a time and learning from each experience. 

"I'm really blessed and I'm really thankful for what happened.

"As I always say, everything happens at the right time and I know everything will work out if it is the right time.

"So, I'm making the most out of each day and leaving it all up to God. I'm not in a rush for anything.

"I've been really thankful. I feel blessed just to be able to perform onstage here," he said.

NO VALENTINE YET. Meanwhile, when PEP asked the 18-year-old heartthrob about his Valentine plans, he just smiled and said, "No... none yet."

But added, "But hopefully soon."


Get showbiz news anytime, anywhere on your mobile! Just key in PEP ON and send to 4627. Available to all Sun, Globe, and Smart subscribers.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Stone : Taylor Swift

Channels Featuring Taylor Swift on Rhapsody Online